"A classroom suited to today’s students should deemphasize solitary piecework. It should facilitate the kind of collaboration that helps individuals compensate for their blindnesses, instead of cultivating them."
I feel strongly that we, as teachers, need to teach to the kids interests and help guide them on their journey. As the saying goes, "Times are a changing" and we need to help the children in our classrooms change with the time. Technology plays a big part in the change and we need to help the children understand this now. http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/07/education-needs-a-digital-age-upgrade/?hp
Hey Jess!
ReplyDeleteI agree that times are changing. It seems like Education is already behind as far as using and teaching technology in the classroom. The sooner we start teaching in a more modern way the better.
I agree Jess, but I offer a counter proposal of what we teach. Instead of teaching to their interests, why dont we teach them to use resourses in technology so that they can use them efficiently to further their own interests.
ReplyDeleteJessica, I agree that "Times are Changing". We as tachers need to be ready to step up and teach the kids to use technology and be good at it. I like that you want to teach to their intersts, but we also need to teach them to further their interests by using technology in and out of the classroom.
ReplyDelete