Wordle, which is a text analysis, works in the classroom because you can take all different data and compare it to see what the students are actually learning. This helps the teacher to accomidate the students and teach to their strengths and weaknesses.
Polleverywhere, which is audience response tool, helps students to see what their classmates are thinking about specific topics. It also helps students learn more about their classmates by answering questions and then polling the answers.
I would use polleverywhere in my classroom as a tool to help the students review everything we've gone over. I would be able to put up some science questions, for instance, and then poll their answers to make sure they have a clear grasp on the subject matter. I would then take the answers and make a wordle for them to see their responses. This would also allow me to see what subjects I need to focuse on to make sure they have a clear understanding of what they are reading and learning. Using wordle will also give the students a chance to be creative and express what they have learned and what their misconceptions are in that subject matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment