Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Learning Style

After taking the short learning test, I realized I am a kinesthetic learner, which means I learn by doing something over and over.  As I think back on the last thing I truly learned how to do, which was drive a manual (stick shift) car, It took me forever to get the practice down.  I had to just keep practicing and practicing until I got it right.  I'm also a visual learner, which means I need to see many examples before I truly understand something.  Being in college again has helped me realize my learning processes so my study habits are better and I know what will help me learn the fastest and be able to retain what I have learned.    



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember driving a standard for the first time. I drove home in reverse so I wouldn't have to change gears!
    I sometimes have to do things over and over again to learn something, but once I get it, I don't forget. When working with students I think it is so important to realize everyone learns in a differt way at a different speed.

    ReplyDelete